Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:55
The Susan B. Anthony List is encouraging pro-lifers to contact their representatives in congress to support the investigation of Planned Parenthood. You can go here to have a letter automatically sent for you. Below are the contents of the letter.
As your constituent and as a member of the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List, I am writing to urge you to read a letter sent to Congress by seven former employees of Planned Parenthood.
In the letter (which you can read in its entirety here: http://www.sba-list.org/suzy-b-blog/former-planned-parenthood-employees-speak-out) the seven employees affirm that they wholeheartedly support Rep. Stearns’ investigation and that one or more of them are prepared to testify before Congress that they witnessed instances where Planned Parenthood failed to:
- Properly account for and maintain separation between government funds prohibited from use for elective abortions and those funds derived from other sources that are not subject to such limitations;
- Notify parents when a vulnerable girl is seeking an abortion, including instances when the minor girl is the victim of an act of statutory rape under applicable state law;
- Provide a woman undergoing an abortion with accurate and relevant information regarding the stage of her pregnancy, including the opportunity to view ultrasound imagery that may have made a profound impact on her decision to undergo an abortion;
- Detect and act upon instances where a girl or woman was brought to the clinic under some degree of coercion, up to and including instances where the girl or woman was subjected to human trafficking and was a victim of crime;
- Engage in appropriate financial controls and billing practices to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
It’s time to stop taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood and get taxpayers out of the abortion business.
Thank you for your consideration of this matter. I look forward to hearing back from you after you have read this explosive letter (http://www.sba-list.org/suzy-b-blog/former-planned-parenthood-employees-speak-out).